[patch 0/7] [RFC] Xenon support

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Mar 8 20:48:45 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 15:06 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 19:01 +0100, Felix Domke wrote:
> > This series of patches add support for the Xbox 360 gaming console.
> >
> > Note that these patches were written by different people, who want
> > to remain anonymous. These drivers were written without hardware
> > documentation being available.
>
> Taking anonymous contributions to the kernel goes against the
> Developer's Certificate of Origin.  Are you sure you can certify it's
> origin and are willing to take responsibility for the code?
>
> Personally, I'd NAK this whole series.

The whole serie can't be merged anyway, the patches aren't in good
enough shape.

Regarding the legal status I think the serie can't be merged at least
not by any of the maintainer for the reason you mention.

What should happen at this stage is that somebody writes a documentation
of the hardware based on those patches and somebody else writes patches
based on that documentation.

The fact that the initial patches were posted publically make the
process a bit harder but still somewhat possible (if the final code is
obviously not inherited from the original one in any way).

Ben.