GDB, xilinx ml50x

Stuart Bershtein sbershtein at quantum3d.com
Thu Oct 30 05:32:01 EST 2008

Hello all.  I am having difficulty getting gdb6.8 and gdbserver functioning
on a xilinx ml507 evaluation board running linux-2.6-xlnx.git.  Has anyone
done this successfully?  I can get gdb to run a small application but
hitting a breakpoint (or stepping) results in a dead PPC core.  Perhaps
someone has had success with the Xilinx provided powerpc-eabi-gdb.exe?  Is
the this and the gdbserver built into XMD intended for debugging linux
applications?  Thanks in advance for your good counsel.