porting pci driverfrom arch=ppc on kernel 2.6.16 to arch=powerpc on 2.6.24...

Mike Timmons mike_timmons at trimble.com
Wed May 7 05:27:21 EST 2008

Scott,
Thanks for the quick answer. I did try this. I successfully get the
interrupt (virq=16) but it then fires continuously, immedetely following
the request_irq call.

My old ppc driver calls request_irq with flags SA_SHIRQ | SA_INTERRUPT
(0x20000000 | 0x04000000 ). I can't find equivalencies in the new
powerpc 2.6.24 kernel.

The only flag I'm passing to request_irq under the new 2.6.24 is
IRQF_SHARED.

I'm wondering if some interrupt type setting is mucked up, hence the
continuous interrupts. I only expect to receive this interrupt in
response to an error on my coralP, so I shouldn't see the interrupt at
all immediately following the interrupt request.

Any ideas? Thanks again,

Mike