Kernel function having physical address. how?

Barisa Kisku barisa.kisku at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:22:18 EST 2007

hi,

I have  ported linux-2.6.20 in cutom board based on MPC860.Kernel with the
KERNELBASE as default 0xc00000000.
uImage is downloaded at some address and booted with "bootm"
command.Kernelis uncompressed and  loaded at
0x00000000.All  the kernel function is now having physical address  (e.g.
0x000020c8 instead of 0xc00020c8, which
is given by compiler).I think this required, to run kernel before MMU is on,
but how  this change in assembled code happens.
Does u-boot do this when uncompressing and loading the kernel. Please
comment.

thanks in advance.

Barisa