ML403 USB driver

Lorenz Kolb linuxppcemb at lkmail.de
Wed Nov 21 18:37:13 EST 2007

Grant Likely-2 wrote:

> On 11/20/07, Lorenz Kolb <linuxppcemb at lkmail.de> wrote:
>

>> Anyway, only one of the two peripheral ports seems to be active.
>
> Yes, I've got that problem here too.  I haven't yet solved it.  Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> g.

Well that's what we have found out till now, maybe it helps, or at least
what we think to have found out:
- First of all to the non functioning peripheral port:
It is "USB Peripheral 1".
According to the schematics it should be powered using the OTGVBus-Port of
the Cypress-Controller (nevertheless it has currently no level)

- Secondly there is no configuration 1 Host + 2 Peripherals according to the
datasheet from Cypress
- Thirdly the initial configuration (at least that is what we are guessing)
seems to be done via some standalone program coming from an Eeprom.
- The three pins near the UART port are the serial console for the Cypress
chip (we have not yet done any tests with that).
- At least the peripherals are connected in a right way, as one SIE can only
have one peripheral

Some question aside the peripheral topic:
Has anyone any idea how to make the cypress chip to have a _normal_ Host not
an OTG one (as some USB-Hub might save us from our dilemma why we tried to
use gadgets in peripheral mode)?

Regards,

Lorenz Kolb