MPC5200 ethernet communication stops unexpected

Hans Thielemans Hans.Thielemans at metris.com
Wed May 16 01:16:13 EST 2007

Hello David,

In this case, I am flushing cache. And overall, these are empty packets
sent which are never changed.
The cpu creates this once and then this is always reused. It is received
maybe 100000 times correct and
then suddenly I see an error in the last word.

I also tried playing with the BSDIS and PLDIS bits, and with the bus
priorities. This influences the error rate,
but it is never really gone.

As a hack I have now added an extra word after the packet, and have the
receiver ignore it. This seems to help,
but I don't like it.

Regards

Hans