memory issue on ppc

Sekhar Pedamallu sekhar.pedamallu at patni.com
Wed Jun 6 18:41:10 EST 2007

Hi Guyz!

        I m working on  powerpc and new to linux . wrote a small program
where I allocate memory for 100, 1000 ,10000 bytes and memset them to zero .
when I allocate to more than 8108 bytes and memset to zero it fails . but
when I memset to any other ASCII value it passes . can u help me out as I m
stuck with it for a long time . is there any problem with the library ?

Thanks & Regards ,

Sekhar Pedamallu

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin at patni.com and delete this mail.