Boot w/ VGA console - PCI nvidia

Xianghua Xiao x.xiao at freescale.com
Tue Jan 30 14:04:39 EST 2007

I got a patch against 2.6 kernel from Scitechsoft last year and we
brought up ATI card on PPC platform using that. U-boot shares the same
emulator as the one Scitechsoft uses however the latter is a newer
version. Yes you can use an unchanged u-boot(i.e. no video emulation
under u-boot at all), merge the video-patch to your kernel to use ATI
card directly.  You can boot  with serial port  then the kernel will
activate video console and x-windows.

if you need the patch, I can send it to you offline.

xianghua