zImage.elf loads but does not start

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Apr 24 03:35:10 EST 2007

On 4/23/07, Mirek23 <miroslaw.dach at psi.ch> wrote:

> I have revised the xparameters_ml403.h and the setup of the FPGA part. I have
> found that the interrupt for the RS232 was not configured. Right now I was
> able to come to the point when the kernel was uncompressed but it did not
> start:
>
> Linux/PPC load: console=ttl0,9600 ip=129.129.129.29 root=/dev/ram rw

This doesn't look right.  It should be either 'console=ttyS0,<speed>'
for a full UART, or 'console=ttyUL0' for a uartlite.

BTW, serial console output is polled, not interrupt driven (but
regular serial I/O does use IRQs), so the unconfigured interrupt line
was probably not your immediate problem.

g.
--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.