SystemAce Driver.

sudheer urwithsudheer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:05:48 EST 2006

Hi Ameet Patil

Ameet Patil wrote:
> Hi Sudheer,
>    Frank has already answered your questions. If you have any problems
> with the SysAce patch... do let me know. I have written a small
> tutorial here if it helps...
I have used your SystemAce patch with linux-2.6.16-2. The kernel gets
loaded with the ace module and is fine.
I want the driver in polling mode. So i have commented few lines related
to interrupt in the adapter.c file- xsysace_init function.

When i give the fdisk command, it gives few errors and then enters to
the  fdisk commad promt. It prints the partitions, etc.

But when  i try to quit from the fdisk, it hangs. I am not able to
complete the request properly (i guess in xsa_thread function in
adapter.c file)

The dump is as follows:
SystemACE: Error 1 when reading sector 60.
end_request: I/O error, dev xsa, sector 56
SystemACE: Error 1351 when reading sector 62.
end_request: I/O error, dev xsa, sector 56

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/xsysace: 512 MB, 512483328 bytes
16 heads, 62 sectors/track, 1009 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 992 * 512 = 507904 bytes
 Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/xsysace1 1 1009 500433 6 FAT16

Command (m for help): q
-------
The fdisk enters into xsysace_ioctl function but no commands are
implemented in the ioctl function and returns an error.

Please help me in this issue and let me know if any other details required.

Thanks
Sudheer

> http://linux.get2knowmore.com
>

> -Ameet
>
> sudheer wrote:
>> Hello Ameet Patil
>>
>> I am looking for linux kernel source 2.6.16 with system ace
>> controller support. I downloaded the linux-2.6.16 and linux-2.6.17-1
>> source from kernel.org but could not find any files related to system
>> ace controller  ( No xilinx_sysace directory in  drivers/block/) .  I
>> have checked penguinppc.org also but could not get it.
>>
>> Can you please send to me the link where i could download the
>> linuxppc-2.6.16 source with system ace support.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Sudheer
>>
>> Ameet Patil wrote:
>>> Hi Raja,
>>>     I have ported the Xilinx System ACE driver to 2.6 kernel. Find
>>> the latest one here:
>>> http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/rtslab/demos/amos/xupv2pro/patches/linuxppc-2.6.17.1-sysace-1.2.patch
>>>

>>> NOTE: this patch wouldn't work if you are using the TEMAC driver. In
>>> which case use the -after-TEMAC patch found in the patches folder
>>> above.
>>>
>>> Check the following discussions (threads) for more details:
>>> 1. "Xilinx SystemACE driver for 2.6"
>>> 2. "Xilinx BSP for linux 2.6"