Performance improvement Montavista 3.0 MPC8260 by D-cache enable

Om Vadlapatla pdfdoc15 at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 04:34:43 EST 2006

How do you suggest I go about enabling the data cache
with out running into the machine check exception
(0200 exception).

I need the data cache as there is lot of data access
in the applications we run on our SDH unit.

OS Montavista 3.0
Processor MPC8260

Register required to madify: HID0 (bit 17 to be set)
=> controlword is: HID0 OR 000004000 => sets the 17th
bit

but this gives me the 0200 exception

are there any kernel routines I can run to get this to
work?

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Om Vadlapatla