ELDK/DENX linking fails for <iostream>

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 12 18:27:24 EST 2005

In message <25943.1115884246 at www45.gmx.net> you wrote:

> when I try to link (after successful compile), I get the following type of

How exactly are you trying to link?

> errors (for example):
> undefined reference to 'std::allocator<char>::allocator[in-charge]()'
> undefined reference to '__cxa_allocate_exception'
> Can someone explain what happens?

This is most probably a usage error. But  you  don't  provide  enough
information.

Please show us  the  EXACT  commands  you're  using,  and  provide  a
(simple) example that shows the problem.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't mind criticism. You know me. I've  never  been  one  to  take
offence  at  criticism. No one could say I'm the sort to take offence
at criticism -- Not twice, anyway. Not without blowing bubbles.
                                  - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_