Announcing mpc8260sar.sourceforge.net

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Mon Jun 27 22:56:22 EST 2005

Hi all,

This email is to announce a new project on sourceforge.net

Homepage:	http://mpc8260sar.sourceforge.net

Summary:	an ATM driver for the PowerQUICCII

Notes:

This driver was based on code taken from http://atm8260.sourceforge.net which is
a port of my orignal PQI driver - http://mpc860sar.sourceforge.net - to the
PQII.

The driver is presented in the form of a patch against Denx's linuxppc_2_4_devel
tree.

Currently the only supported platforms are the PM826/PM828 miriac power modules
with CR826 carrier.  However, I've added a framework which I hope will allow for
support of other platforms in the future.

I chose to create a new project rather than attempt to join the old atm8260
project.  I did this because I felt that the changes I made to the code were
large enough to warrant a new project rather than sending a patch to the old
one.  I also found that the code in atm8260 CVS seemed to have a lot missing and
wouldn't compile.  Anyway, having said this, I found that project enormously
helpful and I hope that I do not offend anybody by starting a new project.

Please see the site for a list of features added.

Alex