Newbie question on Linux-PPC

Srivatsan CR Srivatsan.CR at in.flextronics.com
Wed Jun 1 15:38:41 EST 2005

Dear all,

I am having a MPC8260 based board with the following memory map.

Device      Start address     End address
EPROM       0x00000000        0x03FFFFFF
SDRAM       0x04000000        0x13FFFFFF

I have a doubt regarding Linux Port onto this board. I have read on the web
that Linux usually expects the SDRAM at 0x0, is it that the porting of linux
onto this board is totally impossible? If the porting is possible can anyone
help me out where to change the memory mapping of Linux for MPC8260?

Thanking you all for your time. Kindly help me out to solve this issue.

With Regards,
C.R.Srivatsan