porting a mm specific macro from 2.4 to 2.6

Vikas Aggarwal va824363 at albany.edu
Tue Jul 26 01:32:05 EST 2005

Hi,

I am porting a linux driver written for 2.4.28 to kernel 2.6.10. Have
question regarding a MACRO in my old driver.

#define __vpa(va)
((pte_val(*pte_offset(pmd_offset(pgd_offset_k(va),(va)),(va))) &
PAGE_MASK) + (va & ~PAGE_MASK))
Will the above MACRO work as is for 2.6.10 kernel? If not can someone help
me in making 2.6.10 compatible.

I saw in 2.6.10 pte_offset_kernel is introduced and also googling around
showed the pte_offset should be replaced by pte_offset_kernel.

Also my compilation fails when that MACRO expanded complaining
 "invalid type argument of `unary *'

The Linux kernel runs on Freescale's  MPC8248(ppc arch).

thanks in advance.
-vikas aggarwal
MS CS
SUNY, albany