Build cross tools for PowerQUICCIII

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at freescale.com
Tue Jan 11 02:52:48 EST 2005

I've attached some patches Freescale has developed and sent Dan K. to
include into crosstool.  Feel free to use these until Dan K.
incorporates them into crosstool:

http://gate.crashing.org/~galak/crosstool-0.28-rc37-e500.patch.bz2
http://gate.crashing.org/~galak/crosstool-0.28-extra-patches.patch.bz2

Two patches are needed for crosstool-0.28-rc37, and are attached:

1/ e500 toolchain patch.

This patch contains the following:

   - spe patches for glibc-2.3.2 and glibc-2.3.2,
     - gcc-3.4.3-e500-glibc-2.3.3-spe.dat
     - powerpc-e500.dat
     - powerpc-e500.config (e500 kernel config for 2.6.9)
     - demo-e500.sh

demo-e500.sh will build an e500 toolchain comprising gcc-3.4.3
glibc-2.3.3, and binutils-2.15

2/ getandpatch EXTRA_PATCHES patch.

This is a patch for getandpatch to permit additional patches (in
addition to the standard crosstool patches) that are needed to be
applied for a toolchain build.  To do this the environment variable
EXTRA_PATCHES is set to the name of the patches needed.  For example
when building the e500 toolchain EXTRA_PATCHES needs to be set to "spe"
to apply the spe patches to glibc.  The glibc spe patches are located
in: crosstool-0.28-rc37/patches/glibc-2.3.2-spe
  The advantage that this gives is that all the standard crosstool
patches
for glibc-2.3.2 can remain in their original directory, and the spe
patches are applied in addition to the normal glibc patches.

- kumar