Freeing unused kernel memory: 56k init - hang problem

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Fri Feb 18 19:23:20 EST 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 05:16, srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com wrote:
> Is there any patch for ppc-8260 for the hang problem after the following
> output on the serial console.
>
> "Freeing unused kernel memory: 56k init"

I don't know about any known "hang problem" or such, but at that point,
normally your root filesystem is mounted and /sbin/init is executed. So if it
hangs there, probably something is wrong with your root filesystem.
Could you tell more about what board/kernel/sdk/etc... you are using? Where is
"/" supposed to be mounted from? NFS? flash? initrd?

Greetings,

--
David Jander
Protonic Holland.