What's wrong with the serial port?

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 07:28:30 EST 2005

On 8/11/05, Eugene Surovegin <ebs at ebshome.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 04:14:54PM -0700, Eugene Surovegin wrote:
> > > MMU:exit
> > > setup_arch: enter
> > > setup_arch: bootmem
> > > arch: exit
> > > ??????
> >
> > Try disabling early text debugging (all that "MMU:..." stuff).
> >

> Also, make sure you pass correct "console=..." line to the kernel
> (with correct device name and baud rate).

After early text debugging is disabled and the correct "console=ttyS0,
115200" option is passed to kernel, the problem still exists. Also I'm
sure the divisor set to UART is also correct because they are the same
values when U-Boot sets up the port.

Has the serial port enabled interrupt so far at this stage?

Thanks,
-Shawn.