Ebony Board, PPC440GP and NFS panics

Brian Hawley bhawley at luminex.com
Thu May 20 02:13:59 EST 2004

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the .config, and DHCP is not set, although BOOTP is.

The reason there aren't any BOOTP requests is that we changed the default
bootargs from ip=on
to putting the ip=ourip:serverip: ... directly....because we were never
seeing any bootp/dhcp responses
come out.  We think that is because linux is thinking the MAC address is
ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff instead of what
it really is.  u-boot doesn't seem to have a problem getting the MAC
address out of the ebony board, but
this linux kernel seems to.