Error cross-building Linux 2.6 for 8xx

Sam Song samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Dec 17 21:32:14 EST 2004

"Povolotsky, Alexander"
Alexander.Povolotsky at marconi.com> wrote:
> Hi - I am double posting this on both:
> linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org and
> etux at embeddedtux.org, hoping to increase the
> audience and, hence, to maximize the
> number of responses (if

Pls try to avoid cross-posting your technical message.

> Then I took the I2C configuration out and tried to
> build the kernel again -
> but I am still getting errors
> (not sure though whether cross-compiler
> "contributes" to those recent errors
> or not ... - I would, as always,
> appreciate any opinion/input ! ):

To get a workable 2.6.x 8xx kernel running with
ramdisk root filesystem, you could refer to:

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2004-September/017602.html

And also from this thread, you could get a clear clue
on the 2.6 porting on 8xx.

I tested 2.6 kernel on RPXlite DW from 2.6.7 to
2.6.9-rc2 with ELDK3.0. All worked fine with ramdisk.
If adding the ONE-LINE patch from Pantelis Antoniou
which you could get it on the thread, it could work
right with NFS but still need some fix to make it on
production.

It seems that we leave the right result just one step
but it's most likely the most difficult part, IMHO:-)

=====
Best regards,

Sam