initrd problem. CRC Error.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 10 06:21:27 EST 2003

In message <E19PMLT-000Hhi-00.xol-mail-ru at f16.mail.ru> you wrote:

> I think I found out what is a problem
> The thread bi_record and initrd
> http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200211/msg00286.html
>
> Discuss the problem of corrupting initrd by bi_record - board info record.
> As I have no good background in bootloading could you please let me know
> 1. What is a current status of fixing the bug. Are there any
> new kernel version there it was fixed

Don't know. Never ran into this problem.

> 2. Does this problem depends on bootloader. Will u-boot fix it?

Yes, it probably depends on the bootloader. More exactly, itt depends
on the interface between the bootloader and the Linux kernel.

U-Boot works fine if your kernel is configured for U-Boot. I  am  not
aware of a problem that needs fixing.

> 3. Does anybody succeded to use 2.4.18 with initrd? How?

Yes, we did. Many times. We use  U-=Boot,  and  make  sure  that  the
kernel interface fits.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"That unit is a woman."
"A mass of conflicting impulses."
	-- Spock and Nomad, "The Changeling", stardate 3541.9