I2C RTC with MPC8xx?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Jan 30 00:05:17 EST 2003

Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
> In message <3E37CB15.50307 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:
>
>>what do I have to do to use an I2C RTC (like Dallas DS1337) within LinuxPPC?
>
> Use drivers/i2c/i2c-algo-8xx.c and add your own version of
> drivers/i2c/i2c-ds1337.c ?
Hmm. But there must be at least one excample!?
Someone must have done that before!?
After all I don't want to reinvent the wheel... (Ooh, how much I love that
phrase!) :o)

>>I know there're drivers for PPCBoot / U-Boot.
>

> There are also drivers for Linux.
I bet there are drivers for Linux!
How else should all the people using PPCBoot/U-Boot and I2C RTCs on MPC8xx
platforms access them from Linux...

But where could I find one? Isn't LWMON using an I2C RTC? But I just can't find
the driver...

Thanks,

Steven