cache init problems - (non multi-mimed mail )

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 24 17:33:04 EST 2003

In message <200304240452.h3O4qrq04070 at www.cnetia.com> you wrote:

> I have a problem for porting PPC-BOOT to STT755EMC.

Do  not  spend  effort  for  PPCBoot.  PPCBoot  is  a  dead  project,
development  has  been  discontiuned  half a year ago. Please use the
successort project U-Boot instead.

You better post U-Boot related questions on the u-boot-users  mailing
list. Chances for helpful replies are better then.

> Here is the code i used.
>
>         /* icache_enable */
>         mfspr   r3, HID0
>         li      r5, HID0_ICFI|HID0_ILOCK
>         andc    r3, r3, r5
>         ori     r3, r3, HID0_ICE
>         ori     r5, r3, HID0_ICFI
>         mtspr   HID0, r5
>         mtspr   HID0, r3
>         isync
>
>  /* dcache_enable */
>         mfspr   r3,HID0
>         ori     r3,r3,HID0_DCE | HID0_DCFI
>         sync
>         mtspr   HID0,r3

Why don't you use the existing code which works fine on a  couple  of
systems?  The  dcache_enable  code you present here is different from
the code present in PPCboot and in U-Boot.  It  seems  you  tried  to
"optimize" it, but without understanding it.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
                                                   -- Albert Einstein