SASH and Busybox problem

Kamalesh B kamal at tataelxsi.co.in
Sat Apr 12 04:04:40 EST 2003

hello,

Iam working on MPC8260 based embedded system and trying to port linux on
it. I have put linux on the board and it boots till a message "Freeing
unused kernel memory: 48k init". After this, it hangs.

I went through many mails in mailing lists giving instructions what to
do.
As suggested i tried,
1. I statically compiled a simple hello.c program and placed it in
"sbin" directory. After booting it prints "Hello". From this, it means
2. I am using busybox (statically linked) as my shell as "/sbin/init" is
linked to "busybox" itself. It hangs giving no messages on the screen.
3. I also read about SASH (Standalone Shell). I downloaded the source
code and compiled with static option. I loaded the executable (sash)
file to "/sbin" directory. I booted the linux, it went till the end and
invoked the shell. But shell is very unstable as there are many hangs.
Only some commands work and other hangs. And even the one which works is
not consistent and hangs frequently.

I have not kept any memory or IO device are mapped below 0xf0000000.

What i should i do to get my BUSYBOX working???
Iam stuck at this point,
any help???

with rgds,
kamal