Another OCP enet patch

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Tue May 28 20:51:23 EST 2002

David Gibson wrote:

> ...  In some ways, since we're PPC specific anyway, I think it would
> make as much sense as anything just to directly call
> dcache_flush_range() and so forth, rather than consistent_sync() or
> dma_cache_*().

Yes, that's true.  These consistent_* functions were added when we
started using non-PCI drivers that are common across multiple platforms.
It seems none of the platforms had common names for data cache management
functions, so people started using the consistent_sync() in it's place.
It also made sense because they were using the other consistent_* functions
as well.  No one probably noticed, but at the same time we also changed
the cache management function names to be similar to other architectures
as well.

	-- Dan