Basics -- what tools for Walnut?

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Jun 6 04:14:14 EST 2002

Frank Rowand wrote:

> I suspect that is a fairly old tool chain that you are using.

In the past, the practice was to inform people when changes were made
that required a minimum revision of tools to operate properly.
Simply telling people "your toolchain is too old" isn't helpful.....
What version of tools is required to build this properly?  Why
doesn't the check in comment indicate this information when the
change was made?

> Try modifying arch/ppc/Makefile to use
>
>   -mcpu=403

Or, just remove it since it doesn't perform any useful function.  On
the newer tools, it's required to allow the assembler to not bitch about
4xx unique instructions, another non-useful function, IMHO.

Thanks.

	-- Dan