USB in RPXLITE 823

None Atall linux_meis at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 19:42:14 EST 2002

 Well, I have come to that message too, but for 8260.
Although it doesn't seem correct, when I didn't
config the pins through linux (but through ppcboot)
everything went ok. It seems that when I configured
Port C, I lost ethernet (ethernet had some pins on
port C). I dont know if this is related, but just a
hint. (I also used 2.4.7 kernel)

                   D. Meidanis

--- Sarnath  Kannan <sparc64 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I compiled the Monta 2.4.2 kernel with USB support
> and run it on RPXLite with MPC 823. The kernel
> panicked.
>
> I wanted to test the USB part alone. Hence i copied
> the usb.c to arc/ppc/8xx_io and m8xxhci.c to
> drivers/usb
> and made appropriate changes to kernel config.in
> files
> and tried to compile it (i did these to 2.4.7 tree).
> When i do this the kernel comes up and when it tries
> NFS mount the root file system
> it hangs (or) stalls , i dont know.
>
> Am i missing something ?
> Or am i doing something terrible wrong ?

=====
  Dhmhtrios Meidanis
-Degree in Mathematics, University of the Aegean.
-Master in Computer Architecture and Digital
 Systems, University of Crete.
  Greece.