Cache Inhibit on 860?

Steve Ferri sferri at ss7-link.com
Tue Feb 27 03:12:32 EST 2001

All:

I am having problems running on an 860 based card when reading and writing
buffers
for drivers and for user space applications.  Currently I am using the
invalidate
and flush cache calls when READING and WRITING from/to the alloc'd memory
during
these situations.

Is there a way to alloc memory and mark it as cache inhibited ?

This would eliminating the need for the invalidate and flush calls.  I am
currently
running a 2.2.14 version of the kernel on an 860 processor.

I've already tried using the m8xx_cpm_hostalloc() function in the
arch/ppc/8xx_io/commproc.c file.  This does not seem to work, as the memory
returned does not seem to be cache inhibited.  I still need to flush
and invalidate these regions.

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Steve