PPC embedded plans ?

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Tue Aug 21 20:49:54 EST 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:52:40AM +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a working 2.4.2 port for a board for SBS-or (VG4) here
> and wanted to migrate this port to 2.4.9.
>
> Checking out the sources I think I  can notice that there is a strong
> push towards some kind of "one file" machine definition.
>
> Is this right ?

More or less. Improving the abstraction layer is a continued focus
of development efforts.

> And what would be the best 2.4.9 to start out with ?

linuxppc_2_4_devel is the only sane place to develop new board ports.
See the thread, "PPC bk repos reorg" in the linuxppc-commit archives
for information on getting a copy of the tree.  Go to bitkeeper.com
to get a copy of BK for your system.

> Any written policy on the setup of the machine dependant stuff ?

No. Subscribe to the linuxppc-commit list and read the back archives
to see discussion of how we do things.