Is there a PCI based 802.11b device driver for ppc linux?

Philip Decker pdecker at wavewireless.com
Sat Aug 18 07:53:39 EST 2001

If Liu plans to use a mini-PCI 802.11b radio, and that radio is based on
Prism 2.5, and it uses the ISL3874 MAC/BBP (which interfaces directly to the
PCI Bus), then there is no Linux driver yet (that I'm aware of).

On the other hand, if his mini PCI radio is Prism II, or Prism 2.5 but using
the ISL3873 MAC/BBP, then that radio contains a PCI to PCMCIA bridge and the
existing Linux drivers will work.

I don't know about Linux drivers for Agere/Lucent Orinoco/WaveLAN mini-PCI
radio.

If Liu's question had nothing to do with mini-PCI radios then, in the
immortal words of E. Litella, "Never mind".

PJD