MPC8240 EPIC Driver (Attached)

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Sun Aug 12 09:47:23 EST 2001

James F Dougherty wrote:

> A while ago, I posted some questions on getting the OpenPIC driver working
> correctly for the EPIC (Embedded Programmable Interrupt Controller) internal
> to the MPC8240. After several attempts on open_pic.*, I gave up, and ported a
> an existing driver.

Ummm, I'm confused.  The existing PowerPC OpenPIC works just fine with
the 8240/8245/MPC107 EPICs, at least on the Sandpoint.  I can't believe
there would be much of anything needed for a custom board.  I have some
Sandpoint X3 patches that enables the serial mode control lines as well.
I think there could be a few minor improvements, but it is certainly
functional.  All you should need are the interrupt senses table for
the OpenPIC initialization and the proper routing table for the PCI
setup.

	-- Dan