Porting 2.4-test9 to MPC823

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 21 02:24:01 EST 2000

Dear Prashant,

in message <001d01c03aa3$10f5ac30$4d1f76d8 at kennedy> you wrote:

>       I am new to this embedded linux field. So i want to know that has
> latest kernel 2.4.*  been ported to MPC 823 or not ? If not, then can

Not really the latest, but 2.4.0-test5 is running stable  on  several
MPC823E based systems (TQM823L, SPD823TS, and others).

> anybody tell  me about the porting process ( how to port kernel to MPC823 )
> ?  Anytype of help would be appreciated.

You can find our source tree including all the modifications for
TQM8xxL at

ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/linux-2.4-2000-08-01.tar.bz2

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Far back in the mists of ancient time, in the great and glorious days
of the former Galactic Empire, life was wild, rich  and  largely  tax
free.         - Douglas Adams, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_