progress on IBM 405GP port (it boots)

Frank Rowand frank_rowand at mvista.com
Fri May 12 13:12:57 EST 2000

Its been a while since I've provided an update on our efforts to boot Linux on the
IBM 405GP based Walnut reference / evaluation system.

The system now boots to multi-user mode.  The root file system is NFS mounted via
a PCI ethernet card.  Real world applications such as the Apache web server run
quite nicely.  I've been told that Doom and Tetris also run very well (sorry, I
didn't build & run these, so I can't provide any details on building them).

Some more information, the kernel source, and the tool chain to build the kernel
are available at:

   http://www.mvista.com/products/405gp_status/main

Enjoy!

-Frank