mpc8xx-2.3.10 configuration questions.

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Fri Sep 17 10:48:10 EST 1999

Dan Malek writes:
> The CLLF isn't a really a lite...it's a Classic with less stuff.

Right; I'm with you now.

> I am currently working on this now, and if you actually have a
> CLLF (I don't know how you would) the FEC isn't going to work
> because of the faulty magnetics on the board (not RPCg fault, the
> manufacturer acknowledged an error after we found it).  The new
> CLLFs will be available within a few days.

No, I don't have one yet; I'm just building the kernel in eager anticipation
for when the new CLLF with 860T hits my desk.

> What is fec.c.dist?  It seems like I am always fixing this one.

It's just what I renamed fec.c from the snapshot to before I hacked it.

> I pretty sure I got it right in the 2.3.18 kernel.

I'm using the linux-2.3.18 snapshot kernel from the ftp site, which has it
wrong I'm afraid.

> The CLLF will be built from the Classic configuration, so it
> isn't appropriate to put this here.  There is also more that needs
> to be added for the MII interrupts through a Port C bit.

I've reconfigured/recompiled my kernel for the Classic, but it sounds like it
won't Just Work(tm). I'm happy to alpha test any mods you're working on; once
the board & doco arrive, I can probably do some kernel hacking as well...

Thanks,
Graham