the printk problem

Ingo Molnar mingo at elte.hu
Sun Jul 6 16:13:11 EST 2008

* Ingo Molnar <mingo at elte.hu> wrote:

> yeah, agreed, combined it's not an x86 topic anymore.
>
> [ There's some lkml trouble so i've missed the earlier patch. I'm not
>   sure the email problem is on my side, see how incomplete the
>   discussion is on lkml.org as well:
>
>      http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/25/170   ]
>
> Anyway, i have have added this second patch of yours to
> tip/core/printk and moved your first patch over to that topic (which
> relies on it).

ah, i found the reason - it started out on linux-ia64 originally then
moved over to lkml - so only half of the discussion was visible there.
And linux-ia64 is one of the few vger lists i'm not subscribed to
apparently. (there's no vger-please-give-me-all-emails list - making the
following of Linux development even harder)

	Ingo