RFC: arch/powerpc Kconfig cleanup

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Mar 16 21:54:49 EST 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007, Kumar Gala wrote:

> > At some point we should also separate the common code (mostly spufs)
> > from the cell native support that does not apply to ps3 and celleb.
>
> Fair point, I'll fix that up.  I'm more interested if people are ok
> with having the 'Cell Broadband Engine options' under 'Platform
> support' is ok or if it should stay at the top level.

I was never happy with having it at the top level, but I couldn't
figure out a better way at the time, and I think I just copied what
some other platforms did.

I think it would be good to turn them into menuconfig entries, so
that if platforms/Kconfig basically contains

source arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/Kconfig
source arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/Kconfig
source arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/Kconfig
source arch/powerpc/platforms/celleb/Kconfig
source arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/Kconfig

each of them can either be

config CELLEB
	bool "support for celleb"
	select FOO