[patch 2/9] autoselect optimal -mcpu= flag by platform

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Fri Jun 29 15:58:55 EST 2007

arnd at arndb.de writes:

> +config PPC_CPU_SELECTION
> +	bool "Advanced CPU selection"

Please provide some reasonable help for this option.  As it is at the
moment, I get asked whether I want "Advanced CPU selection" - whatever
that is - and as a user I have no clue whether I want it or not.  The
prompt is pretty uninformative.  Do I want to be able to select an
advanced CPU?  Well I suppose I do - who would want to select a
retarded CPU? - but that's presumably not what the question's about.

Paul.