help for sound support on PPC405EP

jagadeesh kali jag.kali at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 23:31:50 EST 2006

Hi,

I am working on AMCC PPC405EP Taihu board.

I created Linux kernel Image with kernel source 2.6.13(provided by AMCC) by
enabling inbuilt alsa-drivers(CA0106) for soundcard Creative Sound Blaster
Live 24bit! and I am using ELDK 4.0.

we have successfully installed alsa-libs and alsa-utils on the board using
ELDK 4.0 compilers.

The sound card is detecting properly when I type "aplay -l", but I am unable
to play audio file on the Taihu board.

I am getting some exceptions while playing audio files on the board.
The log file contains the errors.

Please let me know weather we have to made any kernel level configurations
for sound support?

Thanks and Regards,
Jagadeesh.