powerpc: Fix make rules for dtc

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Mon Oct 9 10:29:45 EST 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 07:58:59PM +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> >  clean-files := $(zlib) $(zlibheader) $(zliblinuxheader) \
> > -		$(obj)/empty.c
> > +		$(obj)/empty.c *.dtb
>
> If this wildcard works at all, it will still do the wrong thing:
> deleting all .dtb files (even the ones that the Makefile cannot
> create again, e.g., the user put them in the tree manually) is
> at best not very polite.

It certainly works at all (the preceding $(obj)/empty.c, however, is
wrong, I've sent a separate patch for that).  One could say the same
thing for *.o in clean targets, though I guess adding .dtb files is
rather more likely.  However, I can't seen an obvious way of
generating a list of the re-creatable dtbs, without an explicit
listing of every file in arch/powerpc/boot/dts which sounds like a bit
of a pain.  Suggestions?

--
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson