IRDA support

Daniel Berlin dan at cgsoftware.com
Thu May 3 17:42:44 EST 2001

Uwe Steinmann <steinm at majestix.fernuni-hagen.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> short question. Do any of the recent kernels support IRDA on a
> Pismo?
Nope.

> If no, what needs to be done to make it work?

Get it to actually turn it on properly, i would imagine.
it times out trying to send the setup bytes, or something like this.

I actually cared about this for 10 or 20 minutes, and looked at the
openfirmware code, and it looked like it was remarkably simple to turn
the led on and off, so i wouldn't imagine fixing it is a large job.

--
"Last time I went skiing, I had to get up at 5:00 in the morning.
I knew I couldn't do that, so I slept with my skis on.  My ride