[dmasound] Power Computing DEAD dbdma fix (finally)

Michael R. Zucca mrz5149 at acm.org
Sun Jul 29 01:35:12 EST 2001

Hats off to Iain for fixing this bug!

The fix can't be understated. I noticed that when this patch wasn't fixed,
the DEAD dbdma engine was somehow messing with PCI bus data. I noticed this
under X when I was using sound, there was garbage in some of the pixmaps
and scrolled regions. After the patch, X runs fine. This sort of corruption
behavior would be disasterous on something like a PCI disk controller.

So I ask that anybody currently maintaining a device which uses the DBDMA
engine to check your code and see if it deals with the DEAD status properly.

Thanks folks!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149 at acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill