powerbook hang from post-sleep cdrom access - fix

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Thu Jul 27 20:32:26 EST 2000

>So would this always be done on wake to hdc and hde?  I read Pismos, and
maybe
>iBooks, have their drives at hde.  I'm not sure if they are afflicted by this
>problem.

That's why this should be done from the kernel, I beleive. There, you can
know if the controller is hosting a hard disk, a cdrom or an ATAPI floppy.

>might also need to consider ide-floppy drives, like ls-120 and zip.  I don't
>have one myself, so I don't know if these need it either.  They dont
have much
>for ioctls, just eject.  If they have this problem, an ioctl to
>idefloppy_media_change may be needed.

Yep, probably, I'm not sure about those since I don't have one to test
with. I'm also considering adding code for force a disk access (spin up)
before trying to do the set features on wakeup.