[Lguest] Need help for networking inside lguest

inflo inflo at web.de
Thu Mar 13 02:34:09 EST 2008

hi,

> I redraw my tests from yesterday. Today it works:

> So, if now I do:
> 1. ifconfig eth0 down,
> 2. start lguest
> 3. change MAC inside the host
> 4. configure eth0 in lguest
> -> it works.

at my system the ping from guest to host works, after down/up my host
eth0 device, equal before or after starting lguest, only one time
down/up and it pings the host ip.

But i can't ping outside host-pc, i setup
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE and echo 1 >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.

Then i saw that the route from host is gone, after resetting route and
ping from guest, i get:
virtio_net 1: id 0 is not a head!
lguest: Guest moved used index from 16 to 176
then the guest died.

i think we must watch/debug tun/tap and look what we are missing in
lguest? some tips for debugging/testing ?

flo